DD26 Hydraulic Steering Lock Clips Gen 2
The DD26 new patent pending design allows fitment for hydraulic steering systems with 3.75" and/or 4" of exposed steering rod on each side of the engine and will allow fitment with steering rods with diameters of 16mm, 3/4", 20mm and 7/8".
The way this system works is that the standard steering locks you purchased will come with the 3/4" clips attached already. Those clips result in a 4" width. Should you have a hydraulic steering system that has a different width or diameter, you simply can purchase the proper clips for your set up and switch them out at your convenience. Additional clips come in the following set ups:
- 16mm diameter providing total unit width of 3.75"
- 20mm diameter providing total unit width of 3.75"
- 7/8" diameter providing total unit width of 4"
Each of these kits comes with 4 steering lock clips.
Fitment of a hydraulic steering lock has NOTHING to do with the ENGINE itself. So if you have a Mercury Engine it has nothing to do with the steering system. Its all about which hydraulic steering system you have.
A good guide of common fitment is: (but recommended to measure first)
- Seastar steering systems - Usually 4" steering locks 3/4" Diameter (most common) (These clips come standard with the DD26 Gen 2 Mean Stops)
- Seastar extra heavy tournament - Usually 4" steering locks with 7/8" diameter
- Baystar steering systems - Usually 3.75" steering locks with 16mm Diameter
- Mercury steering systems - Usually 3.75" steering locks with 20mm Diameter
- Uflex steering systems - Usually 3.75" steering locks with 20mm Diameter Measure first
These second generation clips do not fit first generation mean stops!
CURRENT FAVOURITE PRODUCTS